Friday, May 20, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 May 2022

 Think For Yourself

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15)

 

Today’s Morsel: I have come to understand that a lot of people who suffer, are depressed, and filled with anxiety, are those who will not think for themselves. They want someone else to tell them what to do. I’m not saying that you should not seek counsel and advice, but when are you going to start to think for yourself? Joshua told the children of Israel; I’m not going to choose for you if you are going to serve God or not. This is a decision that each of you is going to have to make on your own. But just so that you know, my family and I are going to serve the Lord (My wording). Some people read the same Bible as others do, see what it says, and yet will walk away from the truth because they want someone else to decide for them. You must work out your own salvation. Someone else cannot make that decision for you. If you start thinking for yourself, you just might have a little more joy in your life each day.

 

Sing: For me, for me, there's a mansion there for me; in glory land so bright and fair, where the victor's crown, I soon shall wear.  Come, and go with me, for I won’t be back you see.  If anybody's going to be happy over there it’s me, me, me, me.

 

Thought For Today: Healing begins with how you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment