Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 May 2022

 Bearing Our Cross

Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.(Mark 10:21)

 

Today’s Morsel: Many folks say that they are Christians, but few are willing to take up their cross daily and follow Jesus.  Jesus informs us, And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.(Luke 14:27)  Is this the reason many are called but few are chosen? Is it because folks will not take up their cross daily and follow Christ? A couple of years ago, I wrote a book entitled ‘The True Cross Bearers’. Many think that to be a cross-bearer, you must die on the cross like Jesus. No, we don’t have to do that. We just need to die to ourselves and follow His example and allow His Spirit to lead and guide us.  We must be moved with compassion, resist all evil, obey His word, submit to Him, and serve as He did. If you want to hear Him say, “Well done thy good and faithful servant’, then you must take up your cross daily and follow Him. There is no other way.   

 

Sing: Where He leads me, I will follow; where He leads me, I will follow. Where He leads me, I will follow, follow, follow, Him.  

 

Thought For Today: “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” (Luke 9:23)

 

For a copy of, The True Cross Bearer and other books by Rufus Parker visit. 

https//rufusparkerministries.square.site/


No comments:

Post a Comment