Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 May 2022

Living Out God's Word


O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
(Psalms 119:97-105)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that many folks find troubling is trying to live out God’s word in their lives. I hear some people say that it’s hard trying to do what God’s word says, while others just do it. The problem I see is that many folks try to live out God’s word in their lives without wisdom, knowledge, discretion, instruction, and understanding. Hiding God’s word in our life will allow us to live out what God desires us to do. According to Micah, God has already shown us what we must do. “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?(Micah 6:8) If we don’t know what God requires of us, we can try to do things that He doesn’t require and it can make life hard. So read your word and He will show you what is required.

 

Sing:  Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  When I feel afraid, think I've lost my way, still You're there right beside me.   

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. 

Thought For Today: “Thou art my portion, O LORD:  I have said that I would keep thy words.” (Psalms 119:57)

No comments:

Post a Comment