Saturday, May 28, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 May 2022

What Is Sin?

 

All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.” (1 John 5:17)

 

Today’s Morsel: Because God is holy and righteous, all violations of holiness and righteousness fall under the category of sin.  So we can conclude that if we are not right, then we are sinning or are called a sinner. Scripture tells us that sin is of the devil. “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning…(1 John 3:8) And we know that sin cannot enter heaven because God is righteous and holy. John again informs us, “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10) Therefore, if we desire to reside and be with Christ and be called His sons and daughters, then we must do everything in our power to do what is right, live holy, and avoid things which are wrong.  Be holy, because He is holy.  

 

Sing: I came to Jesus weary, worn and sad, He took my sins away, He took my sins away.  And now on Him, I roll my every care, He took my sins away.

He took my sins away, He took my sins away, and He keeps me singing every day.  I’m so glad He took my sins away, He took my sins away.

 

Thought For Today: “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.” (Romans 6:14)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment