Friday, May 6, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 May 2022

 Gain Through Loss

“But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ” (Philippians 3:7-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things with most folks is they do not like to lose things. We don’t like to lose loved ones because we may feel that we cannot continue without them. We don’t like to lose our jobs because we feel that we are too old to start a new career. We don’t like to lose our friends because it may have taken us a long time to build up trust with them. But those things that we may not want to lose may be what gives us gain. Paul stated “But what things were gained to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord.”  Paul considered the things he had gained as useless compared to the gain of the knowledge he received in Christ. No matter what we may lose in this world, Jesus is so much better. Nothing can compare to being a true Christian with Godly understanding and holiness.  If we are not careful, one of the fallacies is we can lay up treasures here on earth thinking that we are rich, and be totally bankrupt in heaven. The rich young ruler couldn’t let go when Jesus told him to go and sell all, give to the poor, and come follow Him, and that then he would have treasures in heaven.  He was not willing to lose it for gain. What about you? Are you still holding on to unforgiveness, hate, envy, jealousy, or prejudice? These things you need to lose so that you can gain Christ and His eternal reward.

 

Sing: I’m trading my sickness, I’m trading my pain, I’m laying it down for the joy of the Lord.

And I’ll say yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes, Lord, yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord, Amen!

 

Thought For Today:Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.(Philippians 3:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment