Monday, May 9, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 May 2022

 Spiritual Failure

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief” 
(Hebrews 4:6)


Today’s Morsel: I have attended quite a few funerals lately, and it is amazing to me that everyone is being placed in heaven. I sure hope that this is the case for them all. But Jesus lets us know that just because someone calls Him Lord doesn’t guarantee entrance into heaven (Matthew 7:21-27). The children of Israel couldn’t enter the Promised Land because of their unbelief. They were standing right at the doorstep and yet they couldn’t enter because of their unbelief. The writer of Hebrews cautions us to not have that same attitude of unbelief as they did. He also informs us that those who come to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Unbelief in God's word will cause spiritual failure. But if we obey it and do what it says, we are ensured of never falling and an entrance will be there for us (see 2 Peter 1:5-11). Don’t allow what others do or say cause you not to believe God’s word. As Paul admonishes us, “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.” (Philippians 2:12-16) We must labor to enter.

 

Sing:  I am determined to hold out to the end, Jesus is with me on Him I can depend; for I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul.  I am determined to hold out till the end.

Thought For Today: “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.” (Hebrews 4:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment