Saturday, March 26, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 March 2022

 My Rock

“For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?”
 (Psalms 18:31)

Today’s Morsel: Talking with my daughter a few weeks ago, she told me that she had been out in the woods with her kids and that her youngest son had discovered some beautiful rocks. I thought to myself, isn’t that just like Jesus allowing a small child to discover something beautiful from His creation that represents Him? Throughout scripture, God is seen as a rock. Something firm and solid. David asked, "Who is a rock save our God?" In other words, there is no one who can furnish such safety or defense; no one under whose protection we can be secure in danger than The Rock of our Salvation. Jesus Christ.  “For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.” (Psalms 27:5) As the Lord told Moses, I have a place on a rock for you to stand right beside me (Exodus 33:21). Who is your Rock?

Sing: My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.

Thought For Today “He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.” (Psalms 62:6-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment