Thursday, March 10, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 March 2022

 Awesome

 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
(Matthew 25:14-21)

 

Today’s Morsel: Have you ever had anyone tell you that you are awesome? What do you think you would have to do to hear those words from someone? You know, we are called to do good to all people. So, are we? Will Jesus tell us that we are awesome when we stand before Him in the end? Really, what Jesus told those two servants that traded their talent and got more is that they were awesome. Jesus was extremely impressed with them for their actions. When the centurion came to Jesus to ask him to heal his servant, scripture says, “And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.” (Matthew 8:5-10) Jesus was astonished at this man’s faith.  Perhaps we can even say He thought it was awesome.  Is your faith causing Jesus to go, WOW, awesome?!

Sing: Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above, with wisdom, power, and love; our God is an awesome God.

Thought For Today: Because you are His child you should know you are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment