Thursday, March 24, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 March 2022

 Tell Somebody About Jesus

“I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.” (Psalms 22:22)

Today’s Morsel: Can someone tell me what happened to testimony service in the church? When I first came into the church over 35  years ago, every service had a time for testimonies. But today, few if any churches have testimonies. When I was pastoring, I would tell the people I'm going to sing this song, “Standup and tell me if you love my Jesus?” And when I finish, if you have a testimony stand and tell it.   People would jump up and give their testimony. It was such a great time for ushering in the presence of the Lord. They would declare the name of the Lord to their brethren, the congregation, and give God praise. When the man whom Jesus had casted out over 2,000 demons wanted to depart with Jesus from the place of the Gadarenes, Jesus told him, “Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.” (Mark 5:19) When is the last time you have told someone about the great things the Lord has done for you in your life?  

Sing: Standup and tell me if you love my Jesus? Standup and tell it if you love my Lord.  I want to know, yes, I want to know, if you love my Lord.

Thought For Today: “O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.” (Psalms 34:3)

1 comment:

  1. I called it fleshtamony. 95% of time it was like open mic to "preach" and the same old stuff being said usually out of obligation. I don't miss it myself.

    ReplyDelete