Monday, March 21, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 March 2022

 Dealing with Self-Pity

“We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.” (2 Corinthians 4:8-10)


Today’s Morsel: Did I fall asleep and wake up in a different world? I tell you I am totally confused. I have been trying my very best to find out why so many born-again believers are depressed, stressed, and despondent? How can those who are supposed to know Jesus and have His Spirit within them not have joy, peace, love, and inner strength? How can so many of them need a counselor for their marriage and family when the Word of God and Jesus is to be their counselor? Everything you need of is right there in the word of God. Look, it's in there.  As Isaiah said, “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” (Isaiah 40:28-29) David even reprimanded himself, in Psalms 42, for a lack of self-encouragement when he said, “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.(Psalms 42:5) Scripture says, “And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.(1 Chronicles 12:32) Do you know what you ought to do if you are depressed, stressed, and despondent? You ought to obey the Word of God, get to church, and get your praise on. “Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.(Psalms 50:22-23) Don’t let the devil steal your joy!  Stir up the gift that is within you.  

 

Sing: Alive, alive, alive forever more, my Jesus is alive, alive forever more. Alive, alive, alive forever more, my Jesus is alive. Sing hallelujah! Sing hallelujah! My Jesus is alive, alive forever more. Sing hallelujah! Sing hallelujah! My Jesus is alive.

 

Thought For Today: There ain't no grave gonna hold my body down.

2 comments: