Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 March 2022

 A Place Beside Me

“And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.” (Exodus 33:18-23)

 

Today’s Morsel:  A unique story in the gospels is when the mother of James and John comes to Jesus and asks him to allow her sons to sit the one on the right hand and the other on His left in His Kingdom. (Matthew 20:21)  Jesus doesn’t rebuke her for her zeal for her sons, but Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask.  Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. (Matthew 20:22-23) Don’t think that the place that Jesus has for you is on His right or left. It may not be in a pulpit, but it may be in some foreign land or some prison. Just know that the place that He does have for you will place you upon a rock by His side and you will be able to see His glory when it passes over what you are doing in His name.  As David states, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. He will cover us with his feathers and under his wing we shall trust" (Psalms 91:1;4) David continues by saying, “For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.(Psalms 27:5-6) A place beside him. God has a place for you. Just stay close by His side.

 

Sing: Once a sinner far from Jesus, I was perishing with cold, but the blessed Savior heard me when I cried; Then He threw His robe around me, and He led me to the fold, and I’m living on the hallelujah side.

Oh, glory be to Jesus, let the Hallelujah roll; help me ring my Savior’s praise far and wide.  For I’ve opened up toward heaven all the windows of my soul and I’m living on the Hallelujah side.

 

Thought For Today: Stay next to Jesus and someday you will see His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment