Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 March 2022

 Something Is Following You

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” (Psalms 23:6)

Today’s Morsel: Most people, if they knew that someone or something was always following behind them, they would probably be afraid. But what if that someone or something was for your protection and defense?  The 23rd Psalms is most often quoted at funerals to bring comfort to the bereaved and grieving families, but what about for everyday living? David not only knew that God would provide a place for him to lie down and rest, but that He would always be there with him. If Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us, then we can be assured that His goodness and mercy will always be there as well.


Sing: Surely goodness and mercy, shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life.  Surely goodness and mercy, shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever, and I will feast at the table spread for me.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life.  

Thought For Today: “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.” (Isaiah 58:8)  

1 comment: