Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 March 2022

 Heaven

“Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6:6-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: I sometimes wonder what heaven will be like for those whom Jesus will allow to enter it. We have sung many songs about heaven. Heard many sermons about heaven. We are laboring in the vineyard so that we will make it to heaven. We are practicing obedience to God and His word so that we can make it to heaven. We are living holy and separated just so we can see Jesus and to hear Him say, well done thy good and faith servant enter the joy of the Lord which was prepared for you from the foundation of the earth. But the thing about heaven is, it must start with us here on earth. We must be born-again of the water and the spirit (John 3:3-5, Acts 2:38); we must follow peace with all men and holiness (Hebrews 12:14); and we must keep ourselves unspotted from this world (James 1:27). So let me ask you, are you having a little heaven down here? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6: 8). We can enjoy a little heaven down here while we wait for His return.  

Sing: I got shoes, you’ve got shoes, all God’s people got shoes, and when I get to heaven, I’m gonna put on my shoes and I’m gonna shout all over God’s heaven.

Thought For Today: Holiness . . The highway to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment