Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 March 2022

 God Knows

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.(Psalms 139:1-10)

Today’s Morsel: The Bible lets us know that there is nothing that God does not know and that He is not aware of. Therefore, having that knowledge, we should not worry about things around us as our trust ought to be in Him. David said that He knows when I sit down and when I stand up. He knows what I am about to say. I guess that’s why when what I am about to say does not reflect or represent Him, I get that punch in the gut feeling that lets me know to hold my peace and be quiet. Solomon said that there is a time to speak you know.   James tells us to let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath because the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God (James 1:19-20) David again is an example that God knows everything. David thought that he was clear and free when he had an affair with Bathsheba. But when God sent the Prophet Nathan to inform him of his wrong, he was shocked. Even the woman at the well in John chapter 4, realizes that He knew all things when He told her that she had had five husbands and the man she was with now wasn’t her husband. Don’t ever think that you are hiding anything from God, nor think that He doesn’t know what you are going through. He’s omniscient!

Sing: There’s an eye watching you, watching you, watching you, every day mind the course you pursue; There’s an all-seeing eye watching you.

Thought For Today:But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.(Matthew 10:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment