Saturday, March 19, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 March 2022

 There Is Power in the Blood

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.(Leviticus 17:11)

Today’s Morsel: The story is told of an elder mother in the church who stood to testify of God’s goodness and mercy. She said, “Reverend Pastor, I thank God for the blood this morning. I thank God for that crimson flood. I thank God for the royal blood that washes me white as snow. I thank God this morning that He shed His blood for me way back on Calvary. Reverend Pastor, and saints of God, I thank God that I am full of His blood this morning. I thank God that I am so full of His blood that if a mosquito were to bite me, he would fly away singing that there is power in the blood.”  Writing to the church of the Hebrews, Paul states, “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.(Hebrews 9:22) That is of sin; there was no typical remission without it; and there can be no real remission of sin but by the blood of Jesus Christ. It was the blood upon the doorpost that saved Israel's first born. It was the blood upon the altar that was given for the atonement for the soul. And it is the blood of Jesus in the waters of baptism that remits your sins today for our salvation.  Friend there is still wonder working power in the blood! 

Sing: Would you be free from your burden of sin? There's power in the blood, power in the blood; would you over evil a victory win? There’s wonderful power in the blood.

There is power, power, wonder working power in the blood of the Lamb.  There is power, power, wonder working power in the precious blood of the Lamb. 

Thought For Today: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment