Monday, March 14, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 March 2022

 Salvation

“The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.” (Psalms 118:14-21)

Today’s Morsel: The meaning of salvation is deliverance from the power and effects of sin. It is preservation and deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss. It’s deliverance from danger and suffering. Some folks don’t see their need for salvation because they are blinded to the truth of the gospel. Peter lets us know that there is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ. Either we are in Him, or we are not (Acts 4:12). When they asked Peter and the other apostles on the Day of Pentecost what they must do, Peter responded by saying, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.” (Acts 2:38-39) When the jailer asked Paul and Silas what he must do to be saved  they replied, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.(Acts 16:31-33) Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus? “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 1:3). There is no other name given under heaven that saves us.  


Sing: Saved and I’m happy today, thanks be to God for this I can say;  I’m saved and I’m happy today, I’m walking up the King’s highway.


Thought For Today: Remember, all things must be done according to the original pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment