Friday, March 11, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 March 2022

 Plumbing Problem

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes. The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.(2 Timothy 1:13-18)

 Today’s Morsel: The story is told of a man who would come to church and get a good touch from the Lord.  He would shout, sing, dance around the altar, but after church, he would return to his old sinful way. Well, as the story goes, the man was at the altar and the ministry was praying for him, shouting "fill him, Lord, fill him." To which his wife was heard in the background shouting, "Plug him, Lord, plug him; he’s a leaker!"  Paul said that all Asia had forsaken him. They had returned to their old ways. The things which they once said were the way were now no longer important. If we are having a hard time remaining committed and dedicated to the Lord, we may have a breach in our spirit. Solomon says, “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.” (Proverbs 15:4) When there is impure, unchaste, unsavory, and corrupt language proceeding from us, there is a breach in our spirit, and we have a plumbing problem. Everything that God puts in us can so easily leak out if we don’t fix the problem. Therefore, we must plug the breach before it is too late.  Allow Jesus to plug any leaks today!

Sing: Aren’t get just a bit tired of fooling around? You try to laugh your way through this life but you ain’t gaining ground. Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay, and you’ll find  Jesus' love to be the greatest thing that you’ve ever found.

Jesus got ahold of my life, and He won’t let me go.  Jesus got into my heart, He got into my soul. I used to be oh so sad, but now I’m happy, free and glad.  Cause Jesus got ahold of my life, and He won’t let me go.

Thought For Today: Check yourself for leaks. It’s plumber problem day.

No comments:

Post a Comment