Monday, March 28, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 March 2022

 God’s Goodness

Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!” (Psalms 31:19)

Today’s Morsel:  I often sit and ponder the goodness of God. From the time I became born again of the water and the spirit, and committed my life to the Lord, the evidence of His goodness has been revealed all over my life. Sometimes I ask myself where did so much stuff come from? But then I realize that it is because of God’s goodness. Paul writing to the church at Corinth states: “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9) Think about that scripture for a few moments. What are you missing because you haven’t committed your life to him? Or how much stuff do you have because of His goodness.  Remember, goodness is a part of God's character and He’s only going to share it with those who know Him and that are committed to Him. As David said, “Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!” Just how great is His goodness in your life?  “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!” (Psalms 107:21)

Sing: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever, and I shall feast at the table spread for me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life.

Thought For Today: Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment