Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 September 2021

The Blessed Man

 

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.(Psalms 1:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  God desires that we be blessed, but if we take our counsel from the world and those who do not know Him, we can easily be led astray.  What we may think is a blessing can easily turn into a curse.  I was listening to a man on the radio, who had won the lottery, and he stated that what he thought was a blessing when he won turned out to be nothing but a great curse because of all the evil that came against him.  In Deuteronomy Chapter 28, Moses lists what the children of Israel must do to be blessed and what will produce them cursing if they did not.  One of the keys to being a blessed man is to walk not in the counsel of the ungodly.  Throughout scripture, we are shown how to be blessed.  I am not blessed just because I have a house, a good job, a nice car, and finances in my pocket or in the bank.  Scripture says, Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.(Jeremiah 17:7-8).  The psalmist states, “Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.(Psalms 40:4)  If you really want to be a blessed man then you must keep your trust and hope in the Lord.  Are you blessed today?

 

Sing:  I am blessed!  I am blessed!  Every day that I live I am blessed.  When I wake up in the morning till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed!

 

Thought For Today:Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:(Psalms 146:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment