Saturday, September 18, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 September 2021

 The Importance of Scripture

 

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the most essential and distinctive characteristics of scripture is it will do what it says.  If you are a sinner and you accept it, it will change you.  If you are an alcoholic and you accept it, it will deliver you.  If your marriage is falling apart and you and your spouse will accept it and live it, your marriage will mend.  The value of the word of God is that it does what it says it will do when it is accepted and applied.  As the Lord told Isaiah, “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.(Isaiah 55:10-11)  God’s word is going to do what He sends it to do.  Ask Pharoah or Nebuchadnezzar.  Heaven and earth shall pass away but my word shall not pass away, said Jesus (Matthew 24:35)  God's word comes with a sure guarantee.  

 

Sing: This joy I have, the world didn’t give it to me.  This joy that I have, the world didn’t give it to me.  This joy I have, the world didn’t give it to me.  The world didn’t give it, the world can’t take it away.

 

Thought For Today:  “And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.(Hebrews 12:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment