Monday, September 6, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 September 2021

 Labor Day

 

“For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive. So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.(Matthew 20:1-9)

 

 

Today’s Morsel:  Labor Day here in American is a day to honor the American workers.  Really, I think that this day should be a day to honor everyone in the church since we are to be laborers together with Christ.  When Mary and Joseph found Jesus in the temple, Mary said to him, “Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing."  And he said unto them, "How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?(Luke 2:48-49)  I believe Jesus was saying, 'Mom, I’ve got work to do.'  Jesus told the parable of a father who had two sons that he asked to go work in his field.  One did and the other did not.  The first said no, but then repented and went.  The second he asked said yes that he would go and did not. Which are you?   You see, the Great Commission is a working mission.  We are to go labor in Christ's vineyard for lost souls. This world is our harvest field, not the church.  We must reap the harvest.  If we are not laboring daily in the vineyard, we cannot expect to receive wages for our labor at the end of the day.  The work you do now will ensure pay in the end.

 

Sing: When He calls me, I will answer; when He calls me, I will hear; when He calls me, I will answer; I will be somewhere working for my Lord.  I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere, working for my Lord.  I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

 

Thought For Today: Work while it is day.  The night shift can be hard to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment