Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 September 2021

 Insufficiency

 

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.(2 Corinthians 3:5-6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I often wonder what could be accomplished in the kingdom of God if we humans would stop thinking that we must have certain talents and abilities to do what God is sending and asking us to do?   When Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up, he said, “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.(Isaiah 6:8)  We are not sufficient in ourselves to do what God sends or asks of us.  That is why we need Him.  The ten spies were right.  They did not have the might within themselves to defeat their enemies in the promised land.  They were insufficient. But Caleb and Josuah told them, “If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.(Numbers 14:8)  We aren’t sufficient they said, but God is.  And if He delights in us, then He will bring us into the land.  Just do not rebel against Him.   Moses told God if you are not going with us, then do not send us because we are not sufficient (my wording).  Paul said, "not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament."  I am like Paul.  I do not assume myself to have any power to enlighten the mind or change the heart of others.  I am only an instrument in the hand of God.  In myself, I am insufficient to do anything.  But because Christ is in me, I can do exceeding, abundant above all that I could ask or think.  How about you today?  Are you persuaded that you can do abundant things?  With Christ in you, you are able to.  

 

Sing: Victory, victory shall be mine.  Victory, victory shall be mine.  If I hold my peace, let the Lord fight my battle, victory, victory, shall be mine.

 

Thought For Today: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.(Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment