Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 August 2021

 

Physicians Without Value

 

Lo, mine eye hath seen all this, mine ear hath heard and understood it. What ye know, the same do I know also: I am not inferior unto you. Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God. But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.(Job 13:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When we go to the doctor for our ailments, we are looking for them to tell us what our issue is.  But what I often find is they are as dumbfounded as I am.  Job’s friends tried to find out his ailment by questioning his relationship with God.  To which he told them that they were physicians of no value.  The meaning is that they had come to give him consolation, but nothing that they said had imparted comfort. They were like physicians sent to visit the sick, who could do nothing when they came.  He told them, what you know, the same I know also.  If I already know what the doctor is going to tell me, he is of no value to me.  Job continued by telling his friends, “I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.(Job 16:2)  They had come professedly to console him.  Now all that they said was adapted only to irritate and to deepen his distress.  He was disappointed; and he was deeply wounded and grieved.  I am sure that you do not have friends like that.  If we say that we are born again, then we must be true physicians to our friends that may be suffering and in pain, and be true cross bearers.  Edify and always build up those that come to us in affliction and pain.  

 

Sing:  He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, surely, He bore all our sorrows, and by His stripes we are healed.

 

Thought For Today:  By his stripes we are healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment