Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 September 2021

 Steadfast Love

 

I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah. Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.”  (Psalms 143:6-11)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Do you ever wonder why the greatest commandments both have to do with love?  Think about this for a moment according to scriptures:

1.      Hatred stirreth up strife: but love covereth all sins. (Proverbs 10:12)

2.     Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Romans 13:10)

3.     Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.(1 John 4:7-8)

4.    In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.(1 John 3:10)

5.     This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.(John 15:12-13)

6.    If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.(James 2:8-9)

7.     Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.(Romans 12:9)

 

We must not be hypocrites when it comes to love.  Our love must be steadfast and unmovable toward all people.  As John informs us, “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.” (1 John 4:10-12) If you want perfect and steadfast love in your heart, you must die to self.

 

Sing: He knew me, and yet He loved me, He whose glory makes the heavens shine.  I'm so unworthy of such mercy, yet when He was on the cross, I was on his mind.

 

Thought For Today: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment