Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 September 2021

Standing In Judgment for The Hop of The Promise 


“Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews: Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently. My manner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine own nation at Jerusalem, know all the Jews; Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee. And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers” (Acts 26:1-6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  What would you do if you had to stand before world leaders for the hope of the promise made by God to you? Would you quiver, or would you be like Paul and think yourself happy that you have an opportunity to answer for yourself of the hope that is within you.  Whether you know it or not, you do stand in judgment daily on your job, in your workplaces, your schools, everywhere you go, whether you will stand for Christ, His ways, and words or not.  Being a Christian requires you to take a stand daily to live holy, live righteously, and not compromise your integrity for personal gain, pleasure, or profit.  When you are called in to question for your hope in Jesus, as it will someday come, what will be your defense?  Settle it in your mind now so you are ready to give an answer to them of the hope that is within you.  The day will come, be ready to give an answer.  

 

Sing:  My hope is in You Lord, my strength is in You Lord, my life is in You Lord, it’s in You, it’s in You.  I praise You with all of my hope, I will praise You with all of my strength, I will praise You with all of my life; with all of my hope, with all of my strength, with all of my life, it’s in You, it’s in You, it’s in You.  

 

Thought For Today: Don’t compromise your hope in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment