Thursday, September 23, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 September 2021

 The Day My Life Was Changed

 

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.(Isaiah 6:8)

 

Today’s Morsel:  On this day in 1969, I enlisted in the U.S. Army.  It would be a day that would change my life forever.  Little did I know that by taking that one step and raising my hand to enlist in the U.S. Army, that I would meet the love of my life (for now over 45 years), receive from God the best kids, grandkids, daughter-in-law, and son-in-law that could ever be given, travel around the world, see countries that I would never have imagined  I would see, meet some of the most fantastic people in the world, weep and cry when it was time for transitions, train people to help them be better in their lives, and that God would intervene and save us from a world of sin in His time, and use us to become missionaries paid by the U.S. Government.  That one day changed my life forever.  And now, here it is 52 years later and even though we are not in the US Military, we are still enlistees in the Lord’s Army, carrying the whole gospel to the whole world daily.  If you take a step toward God today, it could change your life forever.  And believe me, it could just be the best thing you ever do.  

 

Sing: Well, we are soldiers, in God’s Army, and we’re fighting, claiming victory, we will not give up, we will not turn around, we are soldiers, marching heaven-bound.

 

Thought For Today:  Taking a step for God today, could change your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment