Thursday, September 2, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 September 2021

 Get Moving

 

And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward(Exodus 14:13-15)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about war is if you sit still the enemy is going to cause you hardship or he is going to destroy you.  If you are moving, it causes him to have to spend resources to chase you. If you are moving it causes you to take your eyes off your problems and surroundings.  But if you stay still, you become an easy target for your enemy to destroy.  I see this in the church all the time.  People get upset and they stop coming to church. Finances decline in the church and the church forgoes its goals and vision.  People leave the church and leadership gets depressed and starts complaining.  The musician leaves and folks do not think that they can have church.  All these things I classify as sitting still.  They make you become a prime target for your enemy to easily destroy.  Fear makes us sit still and become an easy target for our enemy.  Pharaoh would have easily destroyed Israel if they had stayed put where they were. But God was with them, and He told them to go forward.  Why go forward?  Because fear always produces stress, depression, and anxiety.  If you really believe that God is with you, then stop standing still and get moving.

 

Sing: I've got a made-up mind; I've got a final destination; I’m gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination.  Gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me; gonna keep on pressing on, till I reach my home sweet home, that New Jerusalem.

 

Thought For Today:  We walk by faith and not by sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment