Friday, September 3, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 September 2021

 Error in the Heart

 

Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.(Psalms 19:12-14)

 

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever ask yourself why you keep doing wrong when you know that you should be doing what is right? Paul even stated that when he would do good, evil was always present with him.  One of the passages of scripture we hear in the church often is Jeremiah 19:9-10, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.”  The heart (mind) can be very deceptive.  Scripture calls for us to guard it with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life.  What we allow to go in is going to someday come out.  Whether good or evil. “Errors can never be uprooted from the human hearts until true knowledge of God is planted therein,” says John Calvin.  To get error out, it requires us to get God and His word in for us to be cleansed from error and secret faults. “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.”  (Psalms 119:9) If you want to stop wandering all over the place and become stable, be a doer of God’s word, and not just a hearer, get Jesus at the center of your life.  

 

Sing: Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.  

 

Thought For Today:Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.(John 15:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment