Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 September 2021

The Old Time Religion

 

If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.(James 1:26-27)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about true religion is that it never changes.  It doesn’t change to accommodate people, it causes people to change to accommodate it.  From what I see taking place in some churches, they are moving more and more toward darkness than drawing closer and closer to The Light.  John said, “This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth(1 John 1:5-6).  That old-time religion would cause you to know that you had been changed. The songs were about Jesus and His delivering power.  The messages were about heaven and how to stay out of hell.  They were about holy living and separation from the world.  The folks believed what Jesus said in His word that you cannot serve two masters.  But now the church is starting to compromise on holiness and truth and think that you can serve two masters. Some people think that you are old-fashioned if you live that old time religion way.  But I stand with Joshua: “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.(Joshua 24:15)  You had better read the book.  Both heaven and hell or real and believe me when I tell you, you don’t get to spend eternity with Jesus and Satan too.  Choose you this day.  As for me and my house, we choose the old-time religion, we choose the Lord.  

 

Sing:  Give me that old time religion, give me that old time religion, give me that old time religion, it’s good enough for me.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t let the world change you, you change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment