Monday, September 20, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 September 2021

 In Everything Give Thanks

Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.(1 Thessalonians 5:14-18)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When we read Romans Chapter 1, scripture says that the people were not thankful.  Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts to dishonor their own bodies between themselves.  When we walk through scripture with the children of Israel, they never seem to be thankful for the things that God was doing for them.  We read more of their complaining and murmuring than we do of thanks and praise.  God had their very best at heart the same as He does us.  We need to learn a lesson from the children of Israel.  If we murmur and complain about things and others, we are going to lose focus and take our eyes off Jesus and become overwhelmed.  The whole life of a Christian should be nothing but praise and thanks to God.  When I ask some Christians how they are doing, they will reply, “O’ better than I deserve.”  Really!  You will never hear that coming from my mouth.  When you ask me how I am doing, I tell you that I am blessed and highly favored of the Lord! And because I am blessed and favored, I am thankful.  Every day I am thankful that I find myself blessed and highly favor of the Lord.  I am thankful that I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.  I am thankful for every trial, problem, situation, and circumstance because the word tells me to give thanks in everything.  Yes indeed, I give thanks in everything, because that is the will of God concerning me.  How about you?  How are you doing today?  

 

Sing:  Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son.  And now, let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich, because of what the Lord has done for me, give thanks!

 

Thought For Today:  The whole life of a Christian should be nothing but praise and thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment