Saturday, September 11, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 September 2021

A Heart For Others


And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel. Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.(Matthew 15:30-32)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Every born-again believer should have a heart of compassion.  Yet sad to say, many so quickly forget where they came from.  The heart of a True Cross Bearer is compassion. Jeremiah lamented, “Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.(Lamentations 3:19-23)  If His compassion is renewed every morning, shouldn’t ours be too since He is in us?  How can we say that we have His spirit in us and not have a heart for others?  Did not He say that He came to seek and to save that which was lost?  (Luke 19:10)  We need to pray as John Calvin did if we do not have a heart for others.  Calvin prayed, “Lord, save us from being self-centered in our prayers, and teach us to remember to pray for others. May we be so bound up in love with those for whom we pray that we may feel their need as acutely as our own and intercede for them with sensitivity, with understanding, and with imagination. We ask this in Christ’s Name.”  If you ever lose the heart for others, you have lost the heart of Christ.

 

Sing:  Jesus use me, Oh Lord don’t refuse me, for surely there’s a work that I can do.  And even though it's humble, Lord help my will to crumble; Though the cost be great, I’ll work for You.

 

Thought For Today: If you ever lose the heart for others, you have lost the heart of Christ (Parker) 

No comments:

Post a Comment