Friday, July 9, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 July 2021

 

Suicide

 

“Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.” (Matthew 27:3-5)

 

Today’s Morsel:  They say that suicide is on the rise among teenagers and young adults, and medical professionals are trying to find the cause.  I really do not know what would cause someone to take their own life, but I do know that if a person will maintain a clear understanding and walk with Christ, and live their lives according to His Word, the likelihood of that person taking their life will not happen.  They say that those who commit suicide lose hope, are rejected by others, are placed under stress, that they are bullied, fearful, abused, or see themselves as a failure, and that they feel they are not living up to the expectations of others.  The Bible is a book for transformation, not just for information. If God through the gospel can in a moment take me from being an alcohol to being a minister, He can stop a person from committing suicide by the same word and methods.  He can build a person up and encourage them by His transforming Word.   For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope” Paul said (Romans 15:4).  Isaiah instructs us, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness(Isaiah 41:10); “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:3-4). Friend, Jesus is the answer to every problem in life.   And not only that, He also loves each of us more than we will ever know.  Yes, Jesus is The God of hope.  

 

Sing: 1. If the ship of your life, is tossing on the sea of strife; You need someone. If you feel so all alone, and your house is not a home; You need someone.  If it seems life isn't fair, and there's no one left to share; all those lonely days and nights, and things just won't turn out right; And you need someone to care, someone to just be there; You need someone.

Chorus: I give you Jesus, He's the peace that passes all understanding.  I give you Jesus, He's the perfect love that casteth out all fear.  I give you Jesus, He's the water that you drink and never thirst again.  I give you Jesus, my friend, I give you Jesus,

2. If the pressures all around, keep your spirits to the ground; You need someone.  If your body's in pain, and your health you can't regain; You need someone.  If there's times that you have tried, with all the strength you had inside; and it seems that you have failed, Remember on the cross He nailed, all the bitterness and grief, to give you peace and sweet relief He is that someone,  you need.

Chorus: So I give you Jesus, He's the peace that passes all understanding; I give you Jesus, He's the perfect love that casteth out all fear.  I give you Jesus,  He's the water that you drink and never thirst again.  I give you Jesus, my friend, I give you Jesus.

 

Thought For Today: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.(1 Peter 5:7)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment