Friday, July 16, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 July 2021

 

Hiring

 

Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.(Matthew 9:37-38)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Prior to President Trump taking over as president here in America, many folks were saying that they could not find work.  But after he was elected president, employers have not been able to find enough laborers to meet their work demands.  Even the church is hiring.  They are looking for faithful laborers.  But the church seems to be taking its cues from the world.  Folks in the world are not working nor are folks in the church.  James says, “My brethren, that ought not to be."  If the church is to reap the End-Time Harvest, then everyone in the church must be at work, we must all be laborers.   Even Jesus told Mary, His earthly mother, “I must be about My Fathers business.”  We must pray for laborers, yet we must each be working in the Kingdom.  You may not feel that working for Jesus pays much, but the retirement plan is out of this world.

 

Sing: When He calls me, I will answer.  When He calls me, I will hear.  When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

 I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord; I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

 

Thought For Today: God is still looking for a few good men!

1 comment: