Saturday, July 3, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 July 2021

 

Walking By Faith

 

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.(Habakkuk 2:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel:  In a world where seeing is believing, in what ways do you struggle to walk by faith and not by sight?  Why does it seem that since we have faced the pandemic, so many are now having trouble trusting God?  Do you know why the pandemic caused such fear and unrest in so many?  I believe it is because they were unprepared.  Many went to church, but they only went just to check the block.  The Bible was written over 2000 years ago, and God’s word had already told us that such things were coming.  Yet many got caught off guard and were caught by surprise.  The same is true with all the hate, killing, perversion, and lying that we see taking place in the world today.  Scripture tells us, “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth… Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.” (2 Timothy 3:1-7, 12-13)  As a born-again believer, you must walk by faith and not by sight.  You must keep your mind stayed on Christ, and not allow the world to draw your heart to its ways.  You can sit and complain about political figures and the ways of the world, or you can get ready for Jesus’ coming.  “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.(Luke 21:25-28)  Are you walking by faith today, or are you walking by sight.  I pray that you are prepared and looking for His soon appearing.  

 

Sing:  This world is not my home, I’m just a passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue, the angels are beckoning me, from heaven's open- door and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.

O’ Lord, You know, I have no friend like You; if heaven's not my home then Lord what shall I do?  The angels are beckoning me, from heaven's open door, and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.

 

Thought For Today:  Keep your eyes on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment