Monday, July 12, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 July 2021

 

Holy Living

 

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.(2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1)

 

Today’s Morsel:  My pastor used to always tell us that we should live our lives as if Jesus was coming the next moment, and to plan as though He was not coming for a hundred years. As born-again believers and knowing that God calls for us to be holy, as He is holy, we should be living our lives as if we sold the family parrot, we would not be ashamed.  Once we become Christians, there should be a change in our lives, home, conduct, character, dress and appearance, and manners because the gospel calls for a change within and without.  Addressing the church at Corinth, Paul asked them some serious questions to get them to think about who they were.  He asked them why they were still fellowshipping with unbelievers and still worshipping idols.  He told them to come out and to be separated and that God would be a father to them.  But to receive God’s promises, he said that they must cleanse themselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, and perfect holiness in the respect and honor to God.  How are you living? Have you considered eternity lately?  Holy living must be the cornerstone of every life.

 

Sing:  Jesus, I’ll never forget what You’ve done for me; Jesus I’ll never forget how You set me free; Jesus, I’ll never forget how You brought me out; Jesus, I’ll never forget no never.

 

Thought For Today: Holiness requires change in the believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment