Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 July 2021

 

The Greatest Example

 

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth” 

(1 Peter 2:19-22)

 

 Today’s Morsel:  Example is not the main thing in influencing others.  It is the only thing.  After Jesus washed His disciples’ feet, He said to them, “Know ye what I have done to you? Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.(John 13:12-15)  Notice, for I have given you an example of what true humility looks like.  I have also given you an example to never think that you are better than someone else.  I have given you an example of true servanthood.  I have given you an example of love.  We should never think that the church is about us because it is not.  It is about others.  The church exists for others.  You, the church, exist for others.  Remember Peter said that Christ suffered for us leaving us an example that we should follow His steps.  Anytime you are not willing to suffer, then it is all about you, not Christ.  Follow Jesus' example today, be a servant.  

 

Sing: To be like Jesus.  To be like Jesus.  On earth I long to be like Him.  All through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

 

Thought For Today: Example is not the main thing in influencing others.  It is the only thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment