Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 July 2021

 Refrain From Evil

 

“Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.” (Matthew 15:14)

 

Today’s Morsel: I am totally appalled by the number of people in the church who are following evil and who cannot seem to see it.  But of course, Paul told us, “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)  Satan seems to be blinding many. You see, the gospel has the power to prevent you from following evil and doing wrong, but you must obey it.  If one is a follower of evil, he is not in the church.  No matter how many times he or she says that they are Christians.  God does not associate with evil.  The Lord told Isaiah that they have eyes, but they see not; ears have they but they hear not.  “And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also? Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.(John 9:39-41)  Every day, I do my very best to sound the alarm against evil, and yet I still see many falling into the ditch because they are more willing to follow blind leaders than Jesus.  Be aware and hear the call, do not follow after evil.  

 

Sing: Lead me, Lord, I will follow. Lead me, Lord, I will go; You have called me, I will answer, lead me, Lord, I will go.

 

Thought For Today: Keep your eyes on Christ and you will not fall in the ditch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment