Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 July 2021

 Wealth

 

Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.(Psalms 112:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel:  In most of the magazines that fill my mailbox, there is always an article inside about achieving wealth.  There are always questions asking how much wealth will I need for retirement?  How much do I think I will need to be comfortable? First, I do not think anyone knows how much they will need for retirement, as tomorrow is not promised to us.  Nor does anyone know what will make them comfortable, as sickness and ill health do not usually bring comfort with it.  I know what they mean, but if I put my trust in wealth, I am going to be disappointed. Most people will not measure up to what they say that one will need. We should never count wealth as wealth. As a matter of fact, scripture tells us, “Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.” (Proverbs 23:5) If you really want to know what wealth is, then count righteousness.  That is the only thing that will endure forever.

 

Sing: All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterdays gone.  All my sins are forgiven, I've been washed by the blood.

 

Thought For Today:  Wealth that is not the result of honest industry and hard labor is seldom permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment