Monday, July 26, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 July 2021

 A Good Thing

 

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.(Proverbs 18:22)

 

Today’s Morsel:  The secrets of success are a good wife and a steady job.  At least that is what my wife told me. (a little humor). Scripture states that he who so finds a wife finds a good thing. What makes a wife. Well, Solomon’s mother lists certain attributes of her in Proverbs 31.  To me, a wife is one who is wise. She possesses wisdom, knowledge, skills, and abilities that will enhance her home and make her husband known in the gates when he sits with others.  She opens her mouth in wisdom and her words show forth the knowledge of God.  She has strong integrity and will not compromise that integrity for personal gain, profit, or pleasure.  Honesty is her watchword.  She is faithful to her God, husband, family, duties, herself, and to her church.  She can be counted on when needed.  She has endurance.  She has both physical and mental stamina to keep going in times of hardship, persecution, and assault upon herself, her household, and her beliefs.   She is a woman whose children arise and call her blessed, and her husband does, too.  “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.(Proverbs 14:1)  By her prudent and industrious management, she increases property in the family, furniture in the house, and food and raiment for her household.  This is the true building of a house. The thriftless wife acts differently, and the opposite is the result. Household furniture, far from being increased, is dilapidated; and her household is ill-fed, ill-clothed, and worse educated.  Every born-again woman of God ought to be a good thing.  I have found a good thing.  And I thank God for her.  

 

Sing:  I am blessed!  I am blessed!  Every day that I live, I am blessed.  When I wake up in the morning, till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.

 

Thought For Today:  Every born-again woman of God ought to be a good thing.

1 comment: