Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 July 2021

 Wait On The Lord

 

“When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27:10-14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  David, who is credited with writing Psalms 27, calls for us to learn to wait on the Lord.  David had seen God come through for him and he wanted us to learn the importance of waiting on God.  All ye who are in distress, wait on the Lord.  Take me for an example.  I waited on him, and he strengthened my heart; if you will wait on him, he will strengthen your heart.  You cannot be unsuccessful; fear not.  Wait, I say, on the Lord; wait for his help in doing his will.  Be of good courage. The Hebrew word here means, “be strong.”  That is, do not faint.  Do not be dismayed.  Still hope and trust in the Lord.  He will strengthen you.  He will enable you to perform your duties and to triumph over your enemies.  Isaiah states, “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(Isaiah 40:28-31) The word rendered ‘wait upon’ here, denotes properly to wait, in the sense of expecting.  The phrase, ‘to wait on the Lord,’ means to wait for His help; that is, to trust in Him, to put our hope and confidence in Him.  As the writer of Hebrews informs us, “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.(Hebrews 10:35-11:1) Tie a knot in the end of the rope and wait.

 

Sing: They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles.  They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint.  Teach me, Lord, teach me, Lord, to wait.

 

Thought For Today:  Wait…What Am I Thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment