Monday, July 19, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 July 2021

 

Be Still

 

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.(Psalms 46:10)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Most people's trouble comes from their inability to be still.  One of the things that most people seem to have trouble with is calmness and serenity.  Especially when it comes to trials and troubles in their lives.  The word ‘Still’ in this passage means to cease or stop.  For what purpose should we cease or stop in our dilemma?  So that we will be able to see what God will do for us.  Remember, God will work if we let Him.  As the Lord told King Jehoshaphat, “Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation; And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's. To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.” (2 Chronicles 20:14-17) You may be fighting the battle of your life, but if you do not stop or cease from leaning unto your own understanding, you will never know what God will do for you.  Sit still and let God work for a while in the battle.  

 

Sing:  I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord; for the things that I need, I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through;  You supply my every need and I lean on You.

 

Thought For Today:  Most of people's trouble comes from their inability to be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment