Saturday, July 17, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 July 2021

 

Dealing with PTSD

 

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

(2 Samuel 22:7)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) is that many do not know how to deal with it.   I even suffer from PTSD, but I have learned where my help comes from.  "My help cometh from the Lord."  I have learned the key to combating PTSD is four easy steps.  

(1) Pray. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1).  Prayer changes the way that we see things and gives us strength to overcome.  

(2). Turn to God for His counsel and guidance. There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.(Proverbs 19:21)  

(3.) Stay Focused on Christ. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength(Isaiah 26:3-4)

(4) Depart from anything that may cause you harm, or more stress like drugs, alcohol, and people who do not understand what you are facing. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.(2 Corinthians 6:17-18) 

You may suffer from PTSD or some other emotional disorder, but you can be an overcomer through Christ.  

 

Sing:  I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, O what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, O’ what a change in my life.  I’ve got Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, O what a change in my life; O what a change in my life.

 

Thought For Today:  There is nothing too hard for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment