Thursday, December 28, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 December 2023

Cleanse Me

 

“To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.” (Psalms 51:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel: Desiring to be cleansed ought to be the desire of every one of us. Sin is a deceptive thing when it comes to salvation. Many people think that they are clean just because they go to church on Sunday, pray, read their Bibles, and give offering. But as David prayed, “Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.” (Psalms 51:6) If the truth will make us free, then we need that truth in the place that will make us free. Inward is where the thoughts begin. It is inward that must be cleansed. Jesus said, “There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.” (Mark 7:15)We need a cleansing filter to capture the filth that we have allowed to enter. Battles are won from within. Again, David prayed, “Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” (Psalms 19:12-14) Do you need cleansing? Then why not pray as Simon Peter when Jesus told him that if He did not wash him, he had no part with Him. “Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.” (John 13:9)

 

Sing: Search me, O God, and know my heart today; Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray. See if there be some wicked way in me.  Cleanse me from every sin and set me free.

1 comment: