Friday, December 8, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 December 8

Rest

 

“For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.” (Isaiah 28:11-12)

 

Today’s Morsel: They say that many folks are having health issues due in part to a lack of rest. The cause varies from excessive cellphone usage, noisy and poor living environments, fear, indebtedness, over stimulation of caffeine, poor study habits, abuse, and of course other things. But is there a cure? Yes! The Lord said through the Prophet Jeremiah, “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” (Jeremiah 6:16) God gives us the answer to finding rest. So, it isn’t His fault if we are deprived of it. Jesus admonishes, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) Again, the onus is placed upon us whether we get the rest we need or not. If we don’t come to Jesus, it’s not His fault. Isaiah said that the Holy Ghost is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing, but folks would not hear. Okay, I have given you three wonderful ways to find rest. Now which of them will you choose today so that you will have rest?  Jesus provides, it is up to us to accept His ways.  

 

Sing: Jesus said, I am He that supply all your need, and you said, I know, but tomorrow. Jesus said, here I stand, won’t you please take my hand, and you said, I know, but tomorrow.

Tomorrow, tomorrow is not promised, you better choose the Lord today, for tomorrow very well might be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment