Thursday, December 14, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 December 14

Fear God

 

“Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.” (Isaiah 8:13)

 

Today’s Morsel: Isn’t it amazing that folks are afraid of everything and others more than Jesus? I keep trying to figure out how so many people can read their Bibles, say that they are born-again, and still be plagued with fear. Paul told Timothy, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7) Fear did not come with your salvation. Get a grip on yourself. Therefore, I conclude that if you are plagued with fear, you are allowing the devil into your life. Somewhere you’ve got to stop and to tell him that he can’t reside in your home any longer. Jesus says, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28) If you are going to fear someone or something, fear Jesus. He’s the only one that can kill you. Remember what the scriptures says about you, “The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.” (Proverbs 28:1) Do you know how to overcome fear, face the things and the people you feel afraid of.  With Jesus on your side, you will be victorious.

 

Sing: The Lord saved me, why should I bound; the Lord saved me, tell me why should be bound; the Lord saved me, tell me, why should I be bound, why should I be bound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment