Saturday, December 2, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 December 2

Love One Another

 

“And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.” 

(2 John 1:5)

 

Today’s Morsel: Okay, let’s flip back the pages and find out why Christians can’t get along. I understand that those who do not know Jesus are going to be after each other’s throats and fighting among themselves, but those of us who say that we know Christ are supposed to walk as He walked. John also tells us, “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10) Who do you belong to?  Jesus told His disciples, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13:35) Now ask yourself, “Am I His disciple?” If you answered yes, then the next question is do you love others? John said that it had been taught unto them from the beginning to love one another. Jesus had taught them that they were to love one another. “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you...These things I command you, that ye love one another.” (See John 15: 12,17) Are you obeying His commandment? Do you love others the way that Jesus loved you?

 

Sing: You’re my brother, you’re my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work until He comes. There’s no foe that can defeat us when we’re walking side by side, for as long as there is love we can stand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment