Thursday, November 4, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 November 2021

 The God of Our Salvation

 

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.(Psalms 68:19-20)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I have heard folks in every Christian denomination say that the only one that can save you is Jesus.  And this is a true statement.  The name Jesus means Jehovah is Salvation.  Even the apostle Peter stated when they asked him how the impotent man was healed. “Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.(Acts 4:8-12)  Notice, “Neither is there salvation in any other.”  Who was Peter referring to?  Jesus Christ. The Psalmist wrote, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death. As Isaiah penned? “ Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.(Isaiah 43:10-12)   Who is the God of your salvation?  Jesus is the only giver of salvation.  

 

Sing: There are so many wonderful things about Jesus, there are just so many things about Him.  There are so many wonderful things about Jesus, there are just so many things about Him.  His name is Wonderful, He’s a wonderful counselor, He is the Mighty God, Everlasting Father, He is the Prince of Peace.  There are so many wonderful things about Him.

 

Thought For Today: “And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.(1 John 5:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment