Monday, November 8, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 November 2021

  Confession


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the scariest things for most people to do is to confess their sins.  But we cannot be saved if we do not.  Sin cannot enter heaven.  Once we are born again, it does not mean that we will not do things, say things, or make mistakes that are sinful in nature.  But the good thing is, we can repent and ask God to forgive us; and He is faithful and will do so, as long as it is not blaspheming against the Holy Ghost.  We see that in the Old Testament when people sinned, there were certain requirements for them to be forgiven of their sins.  One of those requirements was that they had to bring certain offerings and be pronounced clean by the priest.  But this requirement is not needed under the New Testament dispensation of grace.  Jesus Christ is our great high priest.  All a person needs to do is come to Him, and confess their wrong to Him;  He is the only one that can forgive our sins. Man cannot do that for us.  Confession is good for the soul!

 

Sing:  I came to Jesus weary, worn, and sad; He took my sins away, He took my sins away.  And now His love has made my heart so glad; He took my sins away.

He took my sins away, He took my sins away, and He keeps me singing every day!  I’m so glad, He took my sins away; He took my sins away.

 

Thought For Today: Jesus will not reveal what you tell Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment