Friday, November 12, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 November 2021

 Somebody Is Watching You


“I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” (Habakkuk 2:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Part of the Neighborhood Watch program is to keep a watch on someone’s property, home, and estate and any suspicious activity.  So someone is always watching.  I thank God that I have such neighbors that keep a watch for us when we are away.  And we do the same for them, even though it is not a formal program.  Jesus told His disciples to watch and pray.  Stay alert to what is going on around you.  In the Army, if you fall asleep on guard duty it is a court-martial offense.  After they are born again, many Christians become very zealous for spiritual things. They are zealously attached to the truths of the Gospel.  They live as if Jesus is coming the next moment.  They are very diligent in the discharge of duty.  They make great proficiency in the knowledge of divine things and run with cheerfulness and without weariness in the ways of Christ and in the paths of truth and holiness.  But somewhere along the line, they allow what others say and do to cause them to lose focus of the race they are in, and they become weary, quit, and give up.  The writer of Hebrews tells us that we have a cloud of witnesses that are watching us to see if we are going to do the right thing, to follow their example, and make it across the finish line into heaven.  And because they are watching us, the writer calls for us to remove all sin and hindrances because it can weigh us down and prevent us from being able to run this Christian race well.  Someone is watching you.  So run well.

 

Sing:  Running for my life, I’m running for my life, I’m running for my life, I’m running for my life.  If anybody asks you, what's the matter with me; Tell them I'm saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled, and I’m water baptized.  I’ve got Jesus on my mind and I’m running for my life.

 

Thought For Today: See that no man steals your crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment