Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 November 2021

 Who Is This?


And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.(Matthew 21:6-11)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, I will get asked if I know certain people.  And folks look at me shocked when I say that I am sorry but I do not.  I have even had people trying their very best to help me understand who they are talking about, but sad to say, I must continue to tell them that I don't know them.  During Jesus' time on earth, many desired to know who He was.  Jesus even asks His disciple who people were saying that He was. (Matthew 16:13-19). The woman at the well asked Him if He was greater than Jacob who had given them the well (John 4:12).  Paul even told the folks at Athens, “For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.(Acts 17:23)  When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and the people began to shout, “Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest”, they knew that this was not just any fly by night person.   They knew that this was someone of status.  And so they asked, Who is this? “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.” (Hebrews 8:10-11)  Do you know who He is?  If you are sincere in asking and seeking, He will answer you.  

 

Sing:  Who is this who for our sorrow offers comfort and relief, bringing sunshine to the dark and shadowed life?  Saying softly cease repining lift thou soul above its grief, let the peace pass understanding still the strife.

It is Jesus, Jesus, sad one’s weep no more.  He will heal the brokenhearted, open wide the prison door, he is able to deliver evermore.

 

Thought For Today: The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.(John 1:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment